VIDEO GAME HEROES

This blog is dedicated to video games, from PONG to the most sophisticated next-generation software.


Sunday, March 7, 2010

Top 100

When I composed my first list of great video games in 2005, it stopped at #50; I had simply not played enough great games to reach 100. Now, five years later I have finally played 100 games I feel comfortable describing as "great" and the game which had formerly been #50 would probably be #130 today.

The list is still heavy on titles from Nintendo systems and for two reasons:

1) Up until the summer of 2007 I only played games from Nintendo systems.

2) Some of the greatest games ever made, including those from the "golden age" of video games, were released on Nintendo consoles and handheld systems; there is simply no denying that.

This list of 100 games will be broken into 11 installments: 91-100, 81-90 and so on. The eleventh and final installment will be solely dedicated to my #1 game. If there is a great game you love and can't find on the list it is very likely I've simply not played it. One thing I've learned from playing video games is that there are very few overrated titles, although many more underrated ones.

Enjoy the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment