VIDEO GAME HEROES

This blog is dedicated to video games, from PONG to the most sophisticated next-generation software.


Friday, December 4, 2009

New PC Games Available

My video game library grows exponentially every month it seems, but one huge chunk of software is conspicuously missing from my collection: PC games. That's why today was a great day. Microsoft has just released a port of the original Call of Duty (never before available on consoles) for their Xbox Live arcade AND Gametap.com just reformatted the original Fallout which allows the game to be played on a 64-bit OS. I'm seriously considering re-subscribing to Gametap.com not only because I can now experience Fallout, but because the company is making a good faith effort to convert its 32-bit titles to 64-bit. Two other games I hope to play, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament III, have also received the 64-bit treatment; and, from what I understand, more are on the way.

1 comment:

  1. There is a huge culture of PC gamers that won't go near FPS games with a ten foot pole. They can't let go of the mouse aim andjoin the rest of the world with the analogue joystick controller.

    ReplyDelete